Sunday, September 9, 2012

PEER COMMENT ENTRY WEEK 4

Todd this is a very good blog about Marvin Gaye and the "What's Going On" album. I feel as though I am a person that would definitely consider Marvin a musical icon and legend. He is among the list of many that were taken way too soon. I like how you describe the impact of his brother coming home from the Vietnam War helping fuel the content for the album. When Berry Gordy said, "It was the worst thing he ever heard," that was some very closed minded nonsense. He should have commended Marvin for wanting to try something different. I agree with your statement about the album being revolutionary. It was the album that opened the door to later albums inspired by political events. Excellent blog entry if I had not heard this album prior to reading your blog; I definitely would go listen to it after reading this. Keep up the good work. 

Ed Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment